2ND ANNUAL VACATION RENTAL STARTUP BATTLE
COMPETE, LEARN, EXCEL!
FIRST BATTLE: 9th of March 2018, London (UK)
WHAT'S THE VRTECH STARTUP COMPETITION?
In its second consecutive year, the competition aims to get the most innovative young start ups in the vacation rental industry the limelight they deserve. The VrTech competition celebrates the creativity and bright minds that our industry has attracted in recent years… Last year’s finalists were:
HOW CAN I WIN THE AWARD?
FIGHT IN THE ARENA! >9th of March 2018, London (UK)
One of the three finalists for the VrTech Competition was chosen on the 9th of March in London. Six starts-ups fought in the arena and the public chose: Stasher! Congrats to the team (and to all that participated!) we see you in Lake Como for the final!
Come and meet the most influential players in our industry and pitch your startup in the 1st round of this year’s VRTech Startup Competition….. the VrTech Arena! Simon Lehman, Steve Milo, Amy Hinote and many influencers, property managers and investors in the vacation rental industry will be gathering in central London for a very special VRMIntel day on the 9th of March 2018. During that day you will have the chance to give a 5-min pitch in front of your potential clients, industry experts and investors. The crowd (we expect around 200 people) will choose 1 finalist.
I SUBMIT MY PITCH DECK
Submit your pitch deck which will share with a number of judges (TBC) who will grade you based on the problem you’re solving, the solution you’ve created for it, your professionalism, marketing and team. They will vote and 1 winner will be moved onto the next stage.
GET VOTED ON BY THE PUBLIC
All entries in the arena or pitch deck submission will get entered onto a website where the public can vote – anyone in the world! The winner for this will also participate in the final.
PITCH IN THE FINAL > 6th-7th of October 2018, Como (Italy)
If you are one of the chosen finalists we will get you in front of your potential clients… literally! The competition final is at the Vacation Rental World Summit (Como, Italy, 6th-7th of Oct. 2018) where you’ll have 10 minutes to pitch your business… and it is the crowd of property managers and owners that will decide on the award winner… and that’s because your product needs to be useful to them!
Win in Como and receive the one & only tech award recognised by the vacation rental industry.
COMPETITION RULES- READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Your Tech startup must be founded after 1st of January 2015 .
- Your service must be a technology exclusively aimed at vacation rental professionals / or owners (property management companies cannot apply)
- If you’re a selected finalist you must commit to present in Como 6th & 7th of October 2018. While you won’t need tickets to get into the Vacation Rental World Summit (paid by our sponsor) you will need to take care of your own accommodation and transport. Note that if you enter the competition and do not comply with this rule, you will never be allowed to present at a VrTech Event or to compete again.
As the winner of the VrTech 2018 Competition you will get:
- Access to Howzat Partners’ investment fund large network of contacts
- A Workshop day with one of Howzat Partners founders
- A tech consultancy day with the Head of Tech DD at Howzat Partners
- 2 tickets for the Slush Start up conference in Helsinki DEC 4-DEC 5
ENTER THE COMPETITION NOW!
Ready to enter? Committed to travel to London on the 9th of March and Como on the 6th-7th of October 2018 ? Choose the option how you would like to apply. Then fill in the form, we will contact you to confirm the London details:
What you will need to submit:
- Company details
- Company Pitch Deck
- Your details