START-UP COMPETITION 2017
Vacation Rental Technology
Participate in the VrTech Start-Up Competition, the 1st of its kind and in its 1st edition in 2017! We invite start-ups to apply until the 7th of August 2017. 3 Finalists will be selected by a panel of experts and they will then get to present their start-up in front of a crowd of Vacation Rental Managers and Owners at the Vacation Rental World Summit in Florence on the 23rd-24th of Septembre 2017. The winner will be chosen by the attendees and will win a number of prizes.
Come and vote for your favourite start-up
IMPORTANT RULES BEFORE YOU APPLY
Read before you apply!
- Your start-up must be founded in 2014 or thereafter
- The cost to travel & stay in Florence must be paid by you.
- If you’re a finalist you MUST be present at the conference on the 23rd and 24th of September 2017.
- Your ticket for the Vacation Rental World Summit will be paid by the sponsor
- Your service must be a technology exclusively aimed at vacation rental professionals (property management companies cannot apply)
- Apply until the 7th of August 2017. Finalists will be announced on the 15th of August 2017.
SPONSOR & PRIZES
As the winner of the VrTech 2017 Competition you will get:
- Access to Howzat Partners’ investment fund large network of contacts
- A Workshop day with one of Howzat Partners founders
- A tech consultancy day with the Head of Tech DD at Howzat Partners
- 2 tickets for the Slush Start up conference in Helsinki NOV 30-DEC 1
Meet the judges
Speaker, coach and host of the Vacation Rental World Summit, Antonio is an entrepreneur with a reputable experience in the travel industry and a proven record of success gained in tourism at different levels over the last 20 years.
Sascha is a partner at Howzat, the CEO of busyrooms a CRS for the hotel industry and a well-recognised figure in several industries, speaking at many events and being a senior advisor, board member and investor to various companies in the online marketplace.
The Founder of Vacation Rental Marketing Blog, a cutting-edge resource in the emerging vacation rental industry and the co-founder of Esperanza Social Venture Club, a gang re-integration project in the evolving historic district of Casco Viejo.
Sam is a seasoned executive, investor and entrepreneur with strengths in scaling online travel businesses, angel investing and commercial strategy. Ex-COO/CFO of Wotif.com, he now acts as investor/advisor for various businesses including PrivateFly.com and HouseTrip.com.
Andy is a fashion executive who has spent 15 years working for various brands including Alexander McQueen, Gucci, and Victoria Beckham. Andy is also the Co-founder of two vacation rental industry start ups, TouchStay and GuestHook.