The time has come to find the most innovative startup in the vacation rental industry. For the fifth consecutive year, the VRTECH Startup Competition sponsored by Rentals United and Howzat Partners is now taking applications.
The vacation rentals industry is always in need of specialised software products to streamline operations, marketing, distribution, guest communications, security and other aspects of the business.
Luckily, there are many startups around the world ready to respond to these needs, coming up with innovative products and services to help vacation rental professionals step up their game.
Not only does this competition celebrate the creativity and the bright minds that the vacation industry has attracted in recent years, but it also aims to bring the most innovative young startups in the vacation rental industry into “the limelight they deserve”.
What is the VRTECH Startup Competition?
The annual VRTECH Startup Competition is a superb opportunity for young innovative companies to showcase their products and gain international visibility.
When applications close on the 30th of May, VRTECH will decide on a shortlist of the most innovative startups. From the shortlist, three finalists will be selected, one chosen by public vote and the other two by two panels of judges.
Once the three finalists have been chosen, they will be invited to Vacation Rental World Summit in Annecy, France, on the 16th-17th of September 2021. This is where they’ll have the opportunity to prove themselves on stage.
Each finalist will be given ten minutes to pitch their business to a crowd of property managers and owners who will then decide who takes home the VRTECH award.
“The VRTECH Startup Competition was a fantastic platform for us to springboard into the travel tech space which allowed us increased visibility to gain new clients as well as develop crucial partnerships”Piotr Kubiczek, CEO of Hello Here, VRTECH Award Winner 2017
The winners of the last 4 years are:
- Revyoos, VRTECH Award Winner 2020
- Operto, VRTECH Award Winner 2019
- Stasher, VRTECH Award Winner 2018
- Hello Here, VRTECH Award Winner 2017
Who can participate?
“We applied for the VRTECH Awards because we wanted to meet a lot of people in the sector. And to be honest, it couldn’t get much better for us! Great experience, fantastic networking opportunities, we’ve taken several fruitful partnerships away!”Jacob Wedderburn-Day, CEO and Co-Founder of Stasher, VRTECH Award Winner 2018
The VRTECH Startup Competition is feee to apply and is open to young software companies founded after the 1st of January 2018 that create innovative tech solutions for the vacation rental industry.
How to enter the competition
Participants of the VRTECH Competition 2021 must submit their pitch deck before the 30th of May.
Applications will be graded based on the solution proposed, the team, marketing initiatives and professionalism by a star-studded panel of judges.
If you have a tech startup in the vacation rental space, apply to participate here.
What are the rules?
- Only companies founded after the 1st of January 2018 can participate.
- The service provided must be technology aimed at vacation rental property managers and owners professionals. (Listing sites or property management systems are not allowed to participate.)
- The selected three finalists must commit to present either in person or virtually at the Vacation Rental World Summit in Annecy, France, on the 16th-17th of September.
- Your tickets will be paid for. You just need to find accommodation and transport. Failing to comply with this rule will mean losing the chance to compete again or present at any VRTECH event.
Good luck – we can’t wait to see your innovative vacation rental tech products.