While face-to-face networking may not be an option at the moment, it’s more important than ever to maintain your ties to the vacation rental community.
Working from home has its perks, but it can also leave you feeling isolated. Plus, networking is essential for building valuable, long-lasting relationships that can help you get ahead in business. So it’s time to get back in the game.
That’s why we’re bringing back VRTECH, an event series with a 5-year tradition of uniting the vacation rental community. We’ve reinvented VRTECH meetups in a completely new, 100% online format: VRTECH Connect.
We’re keeping the core structure of the original VRTECH events – startup pitches followed by discussions and networking – while connecting property managers, technology companies, OTAs, and other vacation rental professionals from all over the world.
The event will be held on 25 February 2021, 6:00 – 7:00 pm CEST on Zoom. First come, first served with limited spaces (up to 100 attendees). Sign up now to reserve your spot – but only if you mean it. We don’t like no-shows.
Why should you attend VRTECH Connect?
VRTECH Connect is a free online event that gathers like-minded vacation rental professionals, including:
- Property managers
- Tech startups
You’ll have the chance to witness short pitches by innovative vacation rental tech startups, contribute to group discussions, forge meaningful connections with industry peers and take part in a quick online job fair.
The event will be held online via Zoom, so you’ll be able to join from the comfort of your own home. You’ll get to have exciting conversations with people from all over the world who have different perspectives and experience in different markets.
So grab a coffee (or a beer, whatever floats your boat) and see you at VRTECH Connect.
18:00 – 18:05 Introduction
18:05 – 18:15 Startup Pitches
18:15 – 18:20 Transition to breakout rooms
18:20 – 18:40 Breakout rooms
18:40 – 18:55 Job Fair
18:55 – 19:00 Closing
One of our missions here at VRTECH is to provide a platform for and shine the spotlight on some great startups in the vacation rental industry.
We will be giving each startup 3 minutes (no more) to pitch their projects to the audience. The 3 startups we have chosen to present at VRTECH Connect are DemandIQ, Stayfi, and HausMart.
- DemandIQ is a website analytics plugin that gives property managers access to real-time travel search data, including arrival dates and length of stay. It layers it with real-time booking data to help you make better revenue management decisions.
- StayFi is a vacation rental WiFi solution that allows you to collect guest data and increase your direct bookings.
- HausMart is a turnkey app solution for entrepreneurial property managers looking to transform any trusted space into a self-service retail environment. Use their app to provide services such as a snack bar or sell your paintings. Simply snap a photo of your product, set a price and start selling.
We’re committed to keeping up the community spirit at our events – that’s why we will have group discussions in breakout rooms. The breakout rooms allow for a more intimate atmosphere where members can contribute to the topics in question and share their thoughts and ideas.
When you sign up for the event, you can choose which breakout room you’d like to be in. We’d like to encourage honest conversation, so our number one rule is “what happens in the breakout room stays in the breakout room”. Self-promotion is not allowed.
- Revenue Management: the metrics for 2021 moderated by Doug Truitt (Rentals United)
- M&A opportunities in Property Management & Tech moderated by Sascha Hausmann (Howzat Ennea Group)
- Streamlining operations: the newest tech trends moderated by Vanessa de Souza Lage (Rentals United)
- Vacation Rental Marketing Mix 2.0 – which channels are you growing? moderated by Vivien Magyar (Rentals United)
- Giving and seeking help through mentorship moderated by Koca Wen (Rentals United)
Following the breakout room discussions, we will close the 1-hour session with a job fair for those seeking and those recruiting.
Join us at the very first VRTECH Connect on 25 February 2021 at 6:00 – 7:00 pm CEST.
The event is filling up fast – sign up now to grab a spot.